Dave’s Journey to owning Tesla
Welcome back to Part 3 – The Entrepreneur, Daves Journey to owning a Tesla.
This passion to discover new and exciting things has driven his ability to create industry leading companies out of nothing. He has had great people who have supported him along the way to achieve his current status.
This thinking can allow us to work towards generating enough capital to purchase a Tesla.
Holidays help you think!
I recently went on holidays and whilst there I met a young man who had started his own business. He looked at a simple skill that was taught to him by his aunt and found a way to make money from that simple idea.
During this time he explained that he has also developed new skills that have helped to grow his understanding of the opportunities that before where unknown.
It helped him grow his confidence, passion for running a business.
This simple conversation allowed me to think about opportunities that may be present to assist with owning a Tesla sooner.
Think like an Entrepreneur
To think like an entrepreneur means to look at the world differently. To take stock of what you believe as the norm and see if there are ways to put a different spin on it. It is to find solutions to issues that already exist. Review what you do and see if you can find a simpler way to execute on it.
Part 3 – The entrepreneur is looking to help to determine what simple principles are in this thinking.
- Look for opportunity – new and fresh ideas
- Think outside of the box
- Try to find a new way to do old things
- Review what you do and see if you can find a simpler way to execute on it.
- Follow your passions
How to execute on these above ideas.
Look for opportunities – new and fresh ideas
- Like the young man, he saw an opportunity by being taught how to create candles that his aunt showed him, he then took that and turned it into a business.
- Teach yourself new things
- Identify if there is a need for this new skill in the world around you
- Speak to people around you to see if your idea makes sense and has merit.
- Write it down
- Break it down into cost versus, output and return.
Think outside the box
- Sometimes we do daily tasks that take no attention to complete. These have been things we have learned or picked up along the way.
- Pay attention to your daily tasks.
- Think about what you are doing and see if there is a better way.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment
- Failing is ok as this lets us learn and find another way.
Try to find a new way to do old things
- The old saying that “we have always done it that way”, is exactly what you want to find with this one.
- When you think about that statement it’s time to review what you are doing.
- Break down the process, step by step, and find fresh ways to manage the situation
- Look to technology and see if technology can help the issue at hand
- Look to other processes and find comparisons that allow for simplified ways of managing the issues.
Review what you do and see if you can find a simpler way to execute on it.
- Keep it simple Stupid or the KISS principle has been a corner stone of my thinking for a while. This is the type of thinking that may find opportunities for you to execute upon.
- Every day we do things regularly both at home at work and beyond. These are the areas you can look for opportunity.
- Pay attention to what you are doing
- driving and the things you do in those transitional stages between events
- cleaning the house
Follow your passions
- Last, but far from least it is imperative to follow your passions. To follow your passion allows you to stay focused when times get tough or obstacles get in the way. By thinking like an entrepreneur gives you the courage to find solutions to issues and problems and continually move forward.
- Look to your hobbies
- Review the things that you enjoy watching on social media
- Look at your Pinterest and see what you have saved
- Review your twitter feed to see who you like and follow
- Talk with friends and family and ask what they see as your passions
- Be true to yourself because if you aren’t driven by it you will not enjoy the rewards
I am passionate about Tesla and the possibilities that Electric vehicles and non-polluting renewable energies can provide.
I will be taking my own advice and looking for opportunities in what and how I do things to find the idea that just might help to grow my ability to step into my own Tesla.
Part 3 – The Entrepreneur, Don’t lose your ability to have new and fresh ideas, don’t ever feel that an idea is not good enough. Remember the old saying one person’s trash is another person’s treasure. This is the quintessential entrepreneur thinking.